Tuesday 29 May 2012

The Ottawa Glebe

This past weekend we went to Ottawa for the Annual Glebe Garage Sale. You have never in your life seen anything of this magnitude. It was awesome! The Glebe is a really nice area of Ottawa. The homes are beautiful (I have included a few photos)! It has older, well-kept homes with lots of character. Almost every home participates in this wonderful event! We walked around from 9:00 a.m. to 3 p.m. Yes, six hours! We saw some amazing stuff. Everything you could possibly imagine. There were lots of dogs, too. I even saw a few Shelties. They also have food trucks in case you need a snack (poutine). I bought all kinds of neat stuff. Books (I still like reading “real” books even though I have a Kobo), vintage embroidery hoops, a bookmark, and lots more! The only bad thing about the Glebe is that it ruins you for any other garage sales. Nothing compares!










1 comment:

  1. OK, I want to go with you next time! This sounds like my kind of garage sale! Gorgeous homes there. I like that the snack is poutine...I'll bet it's really good there, too.

    Glad you had a good time.

    ReplyDelete